Why Choose Cambridge College Global?
Cambridge College Global offers an affordable, world-class education, literally at your fingertips. Our online learning platform is ideal for today’s busy working adult. We understand the need for access to high-quality online degrees and provide programs that are:
Courses are 100% online, allowing you to study anytime and anywhere.
Career-focused coursework is led by faculty with real-world experience.
Cambridge College is regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Get your master's degree in as little as 14 months.
Online Master's Degree in Healthcare Management
Healthcare is the fastest-growing sector of the U.S. economy, employing over 18 million people* and accounting for about a fifth of the nation's economy.
Today's healthcare system has undergone tremendous change with the implementation of new legislation and policy on the state and national level that have created tremendous implications for healthcare organizations, as well as for individual healthcare professionals. The Master of Science in Healthcare Management (MHM) curriculum was created at the nexus between policy implementation and business management. This online business degree program is designed to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to evaluate the implications of policy on organizational structure, marketing, finance, and strategy.
Since I started the program, I have advanced and been promoted not only in my full-time job in the healthcare industry, but also in my government responsibility as a National Guard officer.
What You Will Learn in the Online Master of Science in Healthcare Management Degree Program
The curriculum for the online Healthcare Management master’s degree is designed to prepare graduates to address healthcare industry challenges related to health policy, health operations management, risk and regulatory compliance and more. The in-depth, online business courses are designed to equip graduates to:
- Understand the unique policy, regulatory, and legal issues facing U.S. healthcare industry participants and address these complexities in planning and decision-making
- Analyze financial statements and statistical data to understand the financial health of the organization, opportunities for growth, or cost containment and use this detailed and high-level data to inform decision-making, planning, and managing risk
- Construct and apply analytical and performance improvement tools including information technology, that help healthcare executives and managers solve complex operations problems and make efficient and effective healthcare operations decisions
- Compose effective strategies in the management contemporary healthcare operations issues such as process improvement, patient flow and quality improvement
- Design interprofessional teams to create a strategic planning process to address quality improvement initiatives in a healthcare setting
Industry professional certifications could help you graduate sooner.
Cambridge College Global accepts many industry-standard certifications for college credit. You could receive credit for your professional certifications, saving you both time and money.
“One in four jobs is in healthcare and in order to have that competitive advantage in my current industry I wanted to make sure that I was working with an industry that was very relevant.”
Is the Online Master of Science in Healthcare Management Degree Program Right for You?
This online Healthcare Management degree program is designed for individuals who may or may not already be in the healthcare profession but are interested in advancing to healthcare management positions in critical business disciplines within organizations. These leadership positions are often found in for-profit and non-profit entities related to healthcare delivery, clinical practices, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices, healthcare services, insurance, and investment firms.
The program also serves students pursuing their business degree online who are interested in exploring entrepreneurial opportunities within healthcare.
Nearly all of our students are working adults who recognize Cambridge College Global as a good fit for its convenience and flexibility. Sixty-three percent of them are employed at organizations which have a Educational Partner relationship with Cambridge College Global.
General Admission Requirements
For more details, fill out the Request More Information form and an admission counselor will contact you. Your admission counselor can also help you explore financial options and walk you through the application process, which involves completing a graduate application and providing undergraduate transcripts.